Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : March 2020
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid night time snacks.
- Enjoy favorite foods by eating in small quantities.
- Eat several mini meals rather than three big meals .
- Eat proteins in every meal.
- Add spices in your meals to feel satisfied.
- Stock kitchen with healthy foods.
- When at restaurants, order children's portions.
- Always eat breakfast.
30 Minute Workout:
- Start with 10 squats
- Next 10 Dumbbell squats
- 10 Push-ups
- Next, 10 Dumbbell Chest presses
- 10 Dumbbell shoulder presses
- 10 Cable pull down for upper back
- Lie on your back & 10 double leg raises
- 10 sit ups
- 5 minutes rowing exercise
- 5 minutes on the treadmill.
Emotional Stress: Good ways to manage emotional stress include:
- Identify the cause of stress.
- Change whatever stressors you can.
- Accept that some things are beyond your changing.
- Learn to say NO if you don't want to do something.
- Stay connected with positive & loving people.
- Disconnect from negative people.
- Learn to relax by (Meditation, music, prayer).
- Exercise & be active daily
To Get Rid of Smoking:
- Write down your reasons for wanting to quit.
- Build a support team around you, (family and friends).
- Use Nicotine Replacement therapy, (chewing gum, patch), etc.
- Ask your doctor for medication that prevents smoking.
- Seek out smoking free zones: (offices, airports, restaurants, movie halls) to relax in.
Solutions for Pain:
- Walking & Exercise: release endorphins that combats pain;
- Acupuncture: releases natural pain killers; Sleep & Meditation: keeps the mind off pain;
- Deep breathing: relieves pain;
- Yogasanas, Stretching & Physiotherapy relieves pain;
- Talk Therapy & Psychotherapy manages pain; Hobbies including music & painting etc distract from pain;
- Contact Pain specialists to be contacted for medication & surgical remedies