Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : April Episode 4
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Fiber is good for us. It works against constipation. Reduces cholesterol & is good for the heart. Foods rich in fiber include:
- Fruit (any type)
- Vegetable salad to be eaten daily
- Whole grain bread (1 or 2 slices daily)
- Any form of beans, peas and lentils
- Nuts, seeds & dry fruits
- Fiber enriched cereal foods & popcorns.
Exercise without Exercising:
Your home offers you several opportunities to exercise without exercising
- Stretch your whole body before getting out of bed.
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Vacuum the carpets
- Rake the beds
- Dust the Furniture
- Wash the car
- Mow the lawn
- Rakes & water the garden
- Cook a meal
- Do the laundry
- Working till the last minute is a bad idea, spend the hour before sleep relaxing.
- Room Temperature: Is best between 23 & 25 degree Celsius.
- Late night food: Is not a good idea especially if it entails alcohol, is spicy, is heavy & ends with caffeine.
- Electronics: Mobiles, tablets, computers, etc need to be kept outside the bed room.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking:
- Smoking lowers your blood pressure and reduces your heart rate after only 20 minutes of quitting.
- Within a day, the carbon monoxide level in blood returns to normal.
- Within two to three months, risk of heart attack decreases and lungs begin to function better.
- Long term benefits include a reduced risk of heart diseases, stroke, lung cancer & other cancers.
Dental - Remedies:
- Use brush with soft bristles to brush regularly, twice a day for 2 minutes a time.
- Approved toothpaste to be used each time brushing is done.
- Choose tartar control toothpaste with fluoride to prevent plaque from hardening into tartar.
- Dental floss is the best way to remove plaques.
- Eat a healthy diet of vegetable salads & limit the amount of sugary foods.
- Don't smoke.