Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : April Episode 5
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
- Eat these foods to burn body fat and reduce body weight
- Oats reduces appetite
- Apples, Chillies, Garlic, Honey, Green Tea, Tomato, and Dark Chocolate: when eaten burns body fat
- Eggs are Low in Calories & High in Proteins
- Wheat Grass boosts Metabolism.
- Walk short distances, for example to the bus station, rail station, office, grocery etc
- Stand up & walk about every hour of sitting in the office
- Stand instead of sitting in the train
- Use the stairs instead of the lift
- Use shopping as an opportunity to walk
- Carry your groceries instead of using a cart
- Walk or cycle instead of using the car
Treatment for Snoring:
- Lose weight, if you are overweight
- Quit smoking.
- Sleep on your side, not on your back.
- Limit the use of alcohol & medicines.
- When sleeping, use medical devices that help you to breathe easily.
- If nothing works, go for Continuous Positive Airway Passage (CPAP) Treatment
Put something else in your mouth:
- Part of urge to smoke is having something in your mouth.
- In place of cigarette, pop sugar free chewing gum, hard candy or a healthy snack in your mouth when the urge strikes.
- Be sure to have something at all times.
- If concerned about gaining weight, stick with low calorie alternatives like carrot sticks.
Tips to live with Chronic Pain:
- Learn deep breathing or meditation to help you relax.
- Reduce stress in life, stress intensifies the pain.
- Cut back on alcohol, this can worsen sleep problems.
- Join a support group to meet others living with chronic pain.
- Don't smoke.
- Track pain level & activities every day.
- Get a massage for chronic pain relief.
- Find ways to distract from pain & enjoy life.