Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : May Episode 1
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Foods that Heal:
- Oats, by lowering the bad LDL cholesterol.
- Mushrooms increase immunity & reduce cancer risks.
- Asparagus improves immunity.
- Bananas provide Vitamin B6 & potassium is good for the nerves & muscle activity, & also for reducing stress & anxiety. Onions protect against cardiac & cancer & are considered a general health food.
Joint Mobility Exercise:
This will take 5 minutes, each exercise to be done 5 – 10 times.
- Neck rotation both ways/ side
- Shoulder rotation both ways
- Elbow bends
- Wrist rotation
- Finger Stretch & clench
- Waist rotation
- Bend forward & toe
- Knee bend squats
- Ankle rotation
- Deep breathing
Work Life Balance:
- Plan your day, with, week, month & annual schedules & targets, once a plan is made execute accordingly.
- Personal time must be scheduled for family, friends or partner.
- This will recharge and refresh you. Turn off technology including computers, twitter, email, face book, for a period of time daily (during mealtime).
- Early to bed gets you up early everyday & you feel good through the day.
- Schedule a half hour daily for light exercises.
- Caffeine helps some people get going in the morning and stay alert when they are tired. But caffeine can make some people feel tense, jittery, and stressed.
- These effects can be amplified when one is in the process of breaking a Nicotine Addiction.
- If caffeine negatively affects you, try cutting back.
- It will help reduce your anxiety & urge for a cigarette.
- Lifestyle & Health related behavior is powerful determinant in Morbidity & Mortality.
- Unhealthy lifestyle is the root of many diseases including Cardiac, Cancer, Joint disability, Renal Dysfunctions, etc.
- Reduction of smoking, within range BMI, physical activity, alcohol in moderation, manageable stress & optimal sleep are the corner stones of disease alleviation.