Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : August Episode 4
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Ways to lose Fat:
- Avoid fast eating.
- Do not sit for long hours, keep walking in between.
- Drink vegetable juice on an empty stomach.
- Eat light dinners.
- Check weight weekly.
- Stay away from fast fat burner medicines.
- Avoid watching TV at late night.
- Avoid late eating.
- Do not sleep immediately after eating, walk for 15 minutes.
- Consult doctor/ fitness trainer for best exercise for your body
Benefits of Hiking:
- Reduces HBP, Diabetes & Heart diseases
- Increases bone density & gives greater mobility to joints
- Strengthens the muscles of legs, abdomen & back
- Improves balance & coordination
- Manages & reduces body fat & body weight
- Reduces stress, tension, anxiety & depression & elevates the mood.
Stress & Exercise:
- Improved self-esteem is one of the top benefits of regular physical activity.
- While exercising your body releases chemicals called endorphins that can improve your mood and the way you feel about yourself.
- The feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as "euphoric" and is accompanied by an energizing outlook.
- Exercise can help you cope with stress and ward off depression and anxiety.
Make Drinking Healthier:
- Alcohol drinks can be made healthier by adopting these tips.
- For dilution, use only 100% fresh squeezed fruit juice.
- Choose water or ice over carbonated sodas.
- In case, syrup has to be added to your cocktail, make this from honey & hot water to benefit from the antioxidants.
- Eat your meal before you drink, this mellows the effect of alcohol.
- As a healthy snack to go with your drinks, use a vegetable & fruit salad.
Breast Cancer Causative factors:
- Being overweight or obese.
- Increased waist size in females.
- Increased alcohol intake.
- High fat diet.
- Carrying the BRCA 1 or 2 genes.
- Family history or family member with cancer.
- While women of all ethnicity are at a risk, black women of African descent are at higher risk.
- Preventive steps include : Exercise a half hour to one daily. Eat fresh vegetables & fruits.