Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : September Episode 1
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Always eat breakfast:
- It seems like an easy diet win: Skip breakfast and you'll lose weight.
- Yet many studies show the opposite can be true. Not eating breakfast can make you hungry later, leading to too much nibbling and binge eating at lunch and dinner.
- To lose weight – and keep it off – always make time for a healthy morning meal, like high-fiber cereal, low-fat milk, and fruit.
Tips to train for the Marathon:
- Get your doctors clearance.
- Set your goals, for eg, to finish in 5 hours or 4 hours, etc. & train accordingly.
- To cover a half marathon, you need to be able to comfortably complete a 10K run.
- To do the marathon, you need to complete 20K run comfortably.
- Your weekly distance run during practise, should be equal to your event distance.
- Daily exercise stimulates blood circulation to the brain.
- Eat vegetable and fresh fruits daily. They purify the blood.
- Engage your brain with card games, cross word puzzles, chess, etc.
- Stay social, meet people.
- Ensure a 6 - 8 hour sleep.
- Quit smoking
- Have a medical check-up
- Limit alcohol to not more than a glass of wine, once or twice a week.
Heavy Drinking & Cancer:
- While many studies have found that moderate drinking (7 drinks a week) has a beneficial effect on hypertension, diabetes & cardiac ailments.
- A similar amount of studies including the study published in the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) have connected heavy drinking, of more than 2 drinks daily, to at least seven types of cancers. The message issued by ASCO is clear: “If you don’t drink, you need not start. If you drink in excess, the consequences can be devastating.”
- Your Boss: due to stress & tension.
- Weather: sunny days, rain & wind.
- Smells: include perfumes & paints.
- Hair Accessories: that cause to tie your hair up.
- Strenuous Exercise.
- Bad posture.
- Cheese & in some people, Red Wine.
- Skipping Meals & hunger.
- Smoking: especially second hand smoke.
- Coffee: in excess of four cups.