Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : October Episode 2
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Maintain Body Weight:
- Green tea daily can reduce body fat, body weight and waist circumference. Also, the catechins in green tea help generate heat within the body, which in turn burns extra calories.
- The polyphenol in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Studies indicate that the combination of caffeine and other compounds in the tea appears to boost metabolism, burn calories and break down fat.
For Healthy Ageing :
- Adopt a pet, especially dogs that need to walk daily .
- Gentle jogging is better than running .
- Sex once or twice a month is good for your health .
- Learn new things, music, a new language, how to cook .
- Do regular exercise everyday .
- Eat a balanced diet, especially of fruits & salad .
- Improve your balance & coordination by doing Tai chi, or yoga .
- Be more social & meet people .
- Sleep is important for good health 6-8 hours as rule .
- Use skin cream & other lotions as required.
- Turn off all lights including cell phones .
- Avoid afternoon naps .
- Keep a fixed time for getting to bed and getting up .
- Avoid caffeine & alcohol at night .
- Light exercises in the morning or evening is good .
- Eat a light meal at night .
- Neutralize all noise and maintain a comfortable temperature .
- Read a book in bed, but do not switch on your mobile or TV.
Alcohol addiction: has a strong family relationship. :
- Other susceptibilities include a disadvantaged social status. However people with none of these situations have also developed addictions.
- Alcohol addicts either drink excessively every day or have long periods of abstinence, but drink excessively & have no control over their intake whenever they drink.
- Alcoholics have no insight into their behavior & lose all sense of social responsibility to their families.
- Successful de addiction can be achieved through medical intervention & life long association with Support Groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Meet your Dentist once a year & take advice on how to maintain oral health
- Use fluoride toothpaste, it strengthens the teeth & enamel for children & adults.
- Floss & brush your teeth at least twice daily
- Eat a balanced diet, crunchy vegetables & fruits are especially good for your teeth
- Quit smoking, this is bad for your gums & weakens & discolours your teeth