Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle : December Episode 4
Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle
Wonders of water :
- Helps manage weight by increasing metabolism
- Water improves blood circulation
- Drinking water improves mental performance
- Water prevents muscle cramps & lubricates joint mobility
- Water prevents kidney stones
- Water nourishes the skin & flushes out toxins
- Water prevents constipation
Yoga for Health:Benefits of daily yogasanas include
- Neck rotation
- Dramatically manages all joint pains including arthritis etc.
- Reduces the need for diabetic medication by as much as 50%
- Improves the bodies immunity & reduces your susceptibility to allergies
- Switches on all the bodies genes that promote health & wellbeing
- Reduces depression, anxiety & stress
- Improves the bodies balance & reduces the risk of falling in older adults
- Reduces medical costs by 43%
Mental health providers:
- When faced with a mental health problem such as stress, anxiety, depression etc, your family doctor will usually refer you a psychologist.
- The psychologist’s job initially is, to identity the problem & in case the problem can be solved by a few sessions of cognitive behaviour therapy including, relaxation & meditation the psychologist will do so.
- In case the problem requires medication the psychologist will refer the patient to a psychiatrist, who is a mental health doctor, who will then treat the patient with drugs & other medical systems that benefit the brain.
Marijuana, pregnancy & lactation:
- The legal use of marijuana has more than doubled in females & research has concluded, that the THC found in marijuana affects both the mother & child during pregnancy & breast feeding
- THC passes easily through the placenta &into the blood stream of the developing baby & affects the brain in the fetus .This impacts the child’s skills such as concentration, attention, impulse control & problem solving.
- THC also passes into breast milk & enters into the child’s blood stream, exposing the child to substance abuse addiction & mental illness.
HBP and Exercise:
- Exercise is one of the best ways of keeping your HBP in control.
- 30 minutes a day of fun activities including dancing, hiking, gardening and other lifestyle activities are good. Or else 30 minutes of swimming, walking, cycling, gym exercises or yoga will also do.
- Never exercise to exhaustion.
- Consult your doctor before starting